Friday, November 26, 2010

Desperate Housewives

The unbearable weight of bad TV has forced me to find a global platform. A particular show has bugged me for years, yet I keep watching it! This show has over the top actors, unattractive stars (which are made up to be Helen of Troys), and a bland plot. This show that has irked me for years is none other than the Desperate Housewives.

I began watching this show as a "favor" to my neighbor, Gay. Gay lives through TV, it is what keeps her going. Gay is a follower to whatever new TV show prime-time tells her to watch, hence Desperate Housewives. Because I love my neighbor, who is like a 2nd (some would say 1st) mother, I watch (::shivers::) this show.

I have watched a lot of bad TV, but this show just pisses me off. How in the hell has it lasted so long? I really thought Bree was going to implode, and Lynette die of exhaustion and bad acting. I put up with Gabby, only because she is hot, but Susan takes the cake for the most out of this world character.

I do not remember an episode where Susan Mayer does not cry, or is not in some emotional battle. For one, she is ugly. Really, how is she played up as attractive? Watch the show, examine the billboards, her face is a train wreck! It is like two Chinese acrobats performed an act with her face. And why does she wear lime green pants, a blue shirt, and a something-or-other pink blah on top!?! I am no fashion critic, but whoever dresses her showed be fired, rehired, then fired again.

From here on out I will focus more on an episode-by-episode rant.

Seriously? Photoshop can't even save these hags!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with your hatred of this show. "Seriously? Photoshop can't even save these hags!" is also an apt assessment. Especially the redhead, her face has been stretched thinner than the plot.

    ReplyDelete